Ask our fearless founder to describe her “why” – as in why she does what she does – her answer is always crystal clear: to do the best design work possible in the company of talented people who really love working together. Today’s CNP is the glowing result of Chris’s why. With more than 30 years experience in shops from LA to Australia, Chris is the heart and soul and design conscience of CNP. Anti-tyrant. Burner of midnight oil. Creator of ground-breaking work for Central Florida clients. Owner of impeccable taste. Giver of time to the community she loves. Maker of beautifully designed (and on-strategy) chef salads. Chris holds a B.F.A. from the University of Massachusetts and a M.A. from the University of Florida. She also attended the Art Center School of Design in Pasadena, California and the Art Institute of Philadelphia for graphic design training.
10 Random Things
- I share an office with business partner, Anne Powell, and we haven’t killed each other yet after 20+ years! (There are times I expect a deserved clunk in the back of the head though.) We’ve been taking turns bringing each other’s lunch for the last decade.
- I’m blessed to have a wonderful husband, three great kids, two lovely daughter-in-laws and one cute grandson with another one on the way.
- I believe the value of art and design in our world is an essential part of life. We should use our talents to help people when we can.
- I love sharing fine wine with friends and family and trying new restaurants with healthy food.
- I am addicted to British TV shows like Doc Martin, George Gently and Downton Abbey.
- I once spent the night with my husband in Pinewood House at Bok Tower Gardens. (Thank you, Jonathan, Charlene and Sandra!) It was a dream come true and one of my best memories.
- I try to go to NYC as often as I can to visit my daughter, Sarah. We are chipping away at all the great small restaurants she finds and do as many art/fun/shop things as we can squeeze in.
- Traveling to New England at least once a year is necessary for my mental health.
- I know what it’s like to be attacked by someone’s pet possum. When I see one now, I hear the Jaws music.
- My bucket list is getting longer and longer. Does that mean anything?