Senior SEO Strategist
Recognized by Ad Age and Florida Trend Magazine as one of the best agencies to work for, CNP is an award-winning, integrated marketing agency serving a national client base out of Winter Haven, Florida. Since 1991, we’ve served clients in higher education, tourism, financial services, B2B with the goal of helping them stand out, grow, and become wildly successful.
About the Job
As Senior SEO Strategist, you will play a key role in driving SEO initiatives to meet business objectives. You will be an integral member of the SEO Team, as we seek to achieve greater SERP visibility/prominence across. You will contribute to the overall growth and profitability of the business by leading strategic initiatives and supporting cross functional projects. We are looking for someone who has an analytical mindset and the ability to manage projects from conception through to completion. This position reports to the Director of Strategy & Media.
- Serve as a cross functional thought partner representing SEO on strategy, tactics and execution.
- Monitor, analyze and report out on functional performance and key SEO metrics providing insights to cross functional partners.
- Drive and execute projects such as site audits, migrations and other SEO specific initiatives.
- Identifies trends in search engine results and works with the full SEO team to develop strategies for optimizing search results for client websites, based on analytics data, 3rd party tools and known best technical practices.
- Provide team members with guidance and support to ensure priorities are being met and that individuals are growing in their understanding of SEO concepts and knowledge.
- Track progress of deliverables and action items, keeping relevant stakeholders in the loop.
- Ensure accuracy, integrity & optimization of SEO related data and elements for one or more brands.
- Ensure sites are optimized from a technical perspective, which requires active monitoring and a proactive approach to address issues and opportunities as they arise.
- Identify content gaps and opportunities to gain greater Share of Voice or SERP visibility, optimizing content as appropriate.
- Ensure content marketing initiatives account for SEO goals as appropriate.
- Ensure organic campaigns are executed in line with SEO guidelines and best practices.
- Craft impactful and comprehensible reports clients can understand.
Skills & Experience:
We welcome applications from people of all backgrounds. What’s most important to us is that you share our agency’s core values and demonstrate the following characteristics:
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field.
- 5+ years of successful SEO experience.
- Experience mentoring SEO analysts or junior strategists.
- Strong analytical skills and the ability to translate reporting to actionable strategies.
- Master user of Google Analytics, Google Tag Manager and Search Console.
- Exceptional oral and written communication skills
- Experience with reporting platforms such as Google Data Studio.
- HTML, CSS, and JavaScpript competency (we have full stack engineers, but you still need to know what’s what).
- Experience using WordPress, Google Docs/Sheets, Hubspot and Brightedge.
- Bonus: Experience in higher education, specifically student recruitment.
Salary and Benefits
Benefits include fully paid healthcare, vision, dental, life insurance, disability, 401k (with company match), open vacation policy, cell phone, gym membership, high-end equipment and a $200 check on your birthday (!) … not to mention competitive pay and top-notch co-workers.