Recognized by Ad Age in 2016 as one of the best agencies to work for, CNP is an award-winning, integrated marketing agency serving a national client base out of Winter Haven, Florida. For more than 28 years, we’ve served clients in tourism, financial services, higher education and B2B, with the goal of helping them standout, grow and become wildly successful. For three consecutive years we’ve been recognized by Florida Trend Magazine as one of Florida’s premier employers.
About the Position
The Project Manager is responsible for managing the flow of work through the agency, ensuring that the right people are deployed on the right activities and that the agency is not only run effectively, but that is also an exciting and inspiring place to work.
The Project Manager role is intended to free up creative and digital staff to ensure that they focus on ground-breaking, award-winning work, rather than dealing with resourcing and workflow issues. While at the same time be a liaison between Account Service and Creative teams.
The Project Manager will have a strong understanding of agency working processes and an empathy with creative and their work. In particular, they will understand the requirements of establishing a strong relationship with all parts of the agency: from clients services through to developers.
The Project Manager will have high energy, and passion for the work. Be fully capable of utilizing information systems to schedule and organize large creative work groups. Candidate must be passionate about people and thrive well in high-stress environment. Must be extremely organized, multi-tasker, strong problem solving and negotiating skills and detail oriented combined with a passion for generating results.
- Ensure that the right people are resourced on the right jobs, ensuring creative are kept fresh and new skills are built
- Works with the Creative Leadership team to grow the freelancer database of creative and designers
- Works with Cross-Office team members to ensure all jobs are resourced properly, schedules adhered to and manage communication between team members to increase line of sight
- Works with the HR function to build the New Employee Orientation Program
- Owns the workflow process, ensuring steps are not missed and work is routed and signed off by each team member and that they meet the requirements of the Creative and Digital departments; liaising with creative and account teams to ensure that jobs are delivered in a timely fashion and that delays are properly communicated to the team
- Creates and maintains schedules, initiates and routes projects through the agency in an efficient and effective manner
- Responsibility for the utilization of the creative team, ensuring that chargeable work is effectively managed, and that downtime is used properly
- Provides key project leadership; responsible for overseeing the day-to-day trafficking of projects and ensuring utilization is consistent across the group
- Works directly with Account Services, New Business, Design, and Digital to execute on all project requests and schedule requirements
- Keeps up to date with new business, the competition and CNP’s strategy to ensure that we offer the best possible creative solution to our clients’ needs by collaborating with the entire team
- Ensures work is delivered to an award winning standard, and is prepared for entry to awards
- Manage and maintain database setups within Clients & Profits according to best practices
- Manage and evaluate processes annually to ensure that we are providing the best service internally and externally
- Be prepared to implement and manage resource forecasting and provide analysis and reporting to CNP’s Leadership team.
- Lead cross-functional weekly status meetings to enhance communication and collaboration
Desired Skills & Experience
- Associates or Bachelor degree in marketing, business for related field; or equivalent in experience
- 4+years’ experience in traffic management, project management and implementation, or equivalent
- Demonstrated ability to create detailed project schedules, plans and/or programs
- Ability to manage multiple priorities and projects
- Positive attitude, flexible, works well under pressure
- Strong time management skills
- Proven ability to develop and maintain good working relationships with team members
- Intense desire to excel in an entrepreneurial, collaborative environment
- Demonstrates initiative; is proactive
- Strong follow-through skills
- Excellent computer skills, with experience utilizing process management software – Workamajig®
- Supremely self-confident and fun to work with
- Need to take the creative work seriously but not take themselves too seriously
Typical Week Involves
- 30% – Internal Project Management / Scheduling / Timelines within Workamajig
- 30% – Communication with members of Accounts, Creative & Digital Teams
- 20% – Workamajig Reporting & SysAdmin Tasks
- 15% – Process Improvement
- 5% – CNP Marketing / Professional Development
Salary and Benefits
Benefits include fully paid healthcare, vision, dental, life insurance, disability, 401k (with company match), open vacation policy, cell phone, gym membership, high-end equipment and a $200 check on your birthday (!) … not to mention competitive pay and top-notch co-workers.