SEO / Search Marketing Strategist
Recognized by Ad Age in 2016 as one of the best agencies to work for, CNP is an award-winning, integrated marketing agency serving a national client base out of Winter Haven, Florida. For more than 26 years, we’ve served clients in tourism, financial services, higher education and B2B, with the goal of helping them standout, grow and become wildly successful. For three consecutive years we’ve been recognized by Florida Trend Magazine as one of Florida’s premier employers.
About the Job
As a Search Marketing Strategist, you’ll work closely with a diverse team of digital marketers, developers, designers and account executives, to help our agency design and execute effective and ethical search marketing strategies for our clients. You’ll divide your time between implementing SEO-driven changes on client websites, measuring performance, creating reports and staying up-to-date on developing trends in SEO and the broader digital marketing world. We’ll expect you to manage your time and energy effectively, reliably follow through on your commitments, and continually grow and apply your skills for the benefit of your team and clients.
We welcome applications from people of all backgrounds. What’s most important to us is that you share our agency’s core values and demonstrate the following characteristics:
- Self-motivated – you prefer directional guidance over step-by-step instructions. You aren’t afraid to ask questions, but you don’t need handholding.
- A demonstrated ability to become well-versed in new topics quickly
- Curiosity about human behavior, technology and why things work the way they do
- Solid time management skills and the ability to get things done, sometimes under tight deadlines
- High degree of comfort using research, analysis and elbow grease to answer questions
STRONG CANDIDATES WILL ALSO HAVE:
- A bachelor’s degree or higher (or an excellent reason for not having one)
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills, and the ability to translate technical topics into actionable information clients can understand
- A high degree of comfort with common search marketing tools like Microsoft Excel, Google Analytics, Google Search Console, Moz, SEMrush or Ahrefs
- Real-world experience marketing a business that relies on its website for customer acquisition
BONUS POINTS FOR ANY OF THE FOLLOWING:
- Experience using WordPress, Kentico, Google Adwords, paid social advertising
- Hands-on experience coding with HTML, CSS and JS
- Published and publicly available web content like blog posts or videos that you’ve authored
Salary and Benefits
Benefits include fully paid healthcare, vision, dental, life insurance, disability, 401k (with company match), open vacation policy, cell phone, gym membership, high-end equipment and a $200 check on your birthday (!) … not to mention competitive pay and top-notch co-workers.