Recognized by Ad Age in 2016 as one of the best agencies to work for, CNP is an award-winning, integrated marketing agency serving a national client base out of Winter Haven, Florida. For more than 28 years, we’ve served clients in tourism, financial services, higher education and B2B, with the goal of helping them standout, grow and become wildly successful. For three consecutive years we’ve been recognized by Florida Trend Magazine as one of Florida’s premier employers.
About the Position
CNP is looking for a new cross-media graphic designer to join our award-winning creative department. This designer would work independently on assigned projects and as a member of a project team. The designer would create concepts and fulfill layout assignments according to supplied strategic and creative input. This role will need to be able to communicate directly with our account team, but typically works under the direction of our art directors or creative director.
Knowledge of production processes, with experience using in digital illustration and layout software including Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, Sketch and other industry design and production software; reasonable drawing skills; printing processes and specification; paper specification; ink specification; familiarity with typestyles, type design and type specification; stock photography; photo retouching and image manipulation; art direction of original photography; and good communication skills are desirable.
- Provides design and illustration (digital and/or traditional) from conception to completion as required.
- Works with art director/creative director/copywriter teams to concept and complete assigned projects and campaigns.
- Works with independent contractors (freelance illustrators, photographers, etc.) as required per assignment, under supervision of designated art director/senior art director/creative director, and in conjunction with production manager to meet assigned deadlines.
- Maintains high skill levels in software programs required to perform assigned job functions; enjoys learning about new software and sharing that knowledge with the rest of the team.
- Experience in design for online media, including email marketing, social, website, and microsites.
- Proven ability to politely communicate creative topics to non-creative audiences. Takes creative critique (no matter how absurd) in stride.
Desired Skills & Experience
- BFA/BS in graphic design, advertising or communications (or equivalent experience)
- 3-5 years of related experience in an agency, in-house marketing / communications team, or a heck of a freelance portfolio
- Ability to draw or represent design thinking using the traditional design tools
- Strong visual, verbal, and written communication skills
Typical Week Involves
- 75% – Hands-on creative work: concepting & design
- 10% – Project kickoffs, internal review, team collaboration
- 10% – Personal professional development
- 5% – Agency marketing / blogging
Salary and Benefits
Benefits include fully paid healthcare, vision, dental, life insurance, disability, 401k (with company match), open vacation policy, cell phone, gym membership, high-end equipment and a $200 check on your birthday (!) … not to mention competitive pay and top-notch co-workers.