Account Executive / Account Manager
Recognized by Ad Age and Florida Trend Magazine as one of the best agencies to work for, CNP is an award-winning, integrated marketing agency serving a national client base out of Winter Haven, Florida. For more than 28 years, we’ve served clients in tourism, financial services, higher education, and B2B, with the goal of helping them stand out, grow and become wildly successful.
About the Position
CNP is looking for a well-organized and outgoing Account Manager to join our nationally-recognized team. You would be responsible for daily contact between the agency and multiple CNP clients. You will work closely with others on the CNP team to launch marketing initiatives with an emphasis on brand strategy, lead generation, positioning, key messaging, and ROI.
- Foster strong, collaborative client relationships based on mutual respect, a thorough understanding of the client’s business, and an unwavering commitment to what’s right for the client.
- Lead all client meetings and facilitate effective and collegial communication between client and agency teams.
- Contribute to both client-facing and internal discussions on both overall strategy and the executional details of individual pieces of work.
- Be fully aware of the context, timing, and next steps for each of your clients’ projects.
- Know your clients’ needs, priorities, and personal preferences well enough to reliably advocate for them during internal meetings.
- Persuasively advocate your team’s recommendations during client-facing meetings.
- Effectively manage communications with diverse personality types and backgrounds.
- Collaborate with project managers to set appropriate priorities and ensure the agency is meeting its deadlines and commitments.
- Review, validate and sign off on client billing.
- Intake inbound media sales inquiries on behalf of clients and work with the agency team to determine what opportunities may be worth considering.
Desired Skills & Experience:
- Understanding of general advertising/marketing principles and account service protocol.
- Troubleshooter, problem-solver, self-starter, detail-oriented and can work with limited supervision.
- Confident, articulate presenter to both executive-level and general public audiences.
- Excellent business, writing, interpersonal, and communications skills.
- Smart, tech-savvy, and always up-to-date on the latest in technology and social media.
- Experience at advertising/marketing/PR agencies or within large organizations’ in-house departments is a huge plus.
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, communications, PR, or something related (or a good reason why you don’t have one).
- Three to five years of work experience in a relevant role. This is not an entry-level position.
Salary and Benefits
Benefits include fully paid healthcare, vision, dental, life insurance, disability, 401k (with company match), open vacation policy, cell phone, gym membership, high-end equipment and a $200 check on your birthday (!) … not to mention competitive pay and top-notch co-workers.